Eight guys on Harleys, tattooed head to toe, are coming to the rescue of New York's animals. Rescue Ink is all about zero tolerance when it comes to animal abuse – and they’re not afraid to get a little in-your-face to prove it. This group of tough guys will stop at nothing within the bounds of the law to save animals from desperate situations; they rescue fighting dogs, confront animal abusers, and investigate stolen animals. They are ex-firefighters, bodybuilders, hot rod mechanics and bouncers.
'Deedee' started out making record covers and T-shirts for the Oregon music scene in the early '90s. Born in the hippie town of Eugene, Oregon, she began her own band and record label at the age of 19. She played in several all-girl bands (Juned, Adickdid, The Teenangels, The Hindi Guns) and co-created the semi-autobiographical film "Down and Out with the Dolls" (www.dolls-themovie.com). Deedee lived and studied abroad: Honduras, Chile, England, Portugal, Spain and her native India. Her work 'explores narratives that recognize the urgency and conflict in our continuing attempts to connect to the world. With influences derived from such opposites as East Indian temple imagery, punk rock, and her Pacific Northwest natural environment, her images are indications of how we try to connect ourselves to others and how these satirical and heroic efforts are episodes of compassion and discomfort.'
Northern Hemisphere. F/W 2010.
Southern Hemisphere. F/W 2010. Main line.
Southern Hemisphere. F/W 2010. Runaway line.
Northern Hemisphere. S/S 2010. NY.
Karen Walker, a New Zealand designer, consistently puts out classic, yet forward thinking collections. She achieves a good balance between feminine and masculine style.
acrylic and charcoal on canvas.
Alain Bonder was educated at Dawson College in Montreal for Illustration and Design. He was voted “Ottawa Artist of the Year” in 2004, and is represented by 511 Gallery NY, Ingram Gallery Toronto, Galerie Lacerte Québec, and by Galerie Orange in Montreal.
- ► 2012 (134)
- ► 2011 (480)
- Rescue Ink. National Geographic.
- Nalini 'Deedee' Cheriel. Artist. LA.
- Karen Walker. 2010 Collections.
- Alain Bonder. Artist. Montreal.
- Iro. Fashion Design. France.
- Ramsey Dau. Artist. Designer. Genius. LA.
- Ben Hubbard's DIY saddle bag.
- Mike Pelletier. Artist. Designer. Canada.
- My Review: Toronto International Art Fair 2010.
- Ai Weiwei's Sunflower Seeds. 2010.
- Photographer Laurence Ellis. Topman Denim.
- Pierre Durette. Artist. Montreal.
- The Copenhagen Wheel.
- Jules Julien. Graphic Designer. Artist. Paris.
- Judith Geher. Artist. Toronto.
- Amanda Harman. Photographer. UK.
- Finger in the Nose. Kids Wear. Paris.
- ▼ 10/31 (17)
- ► 2009 (1325)
- ► 2008 (735)