5.09.2011

Before I Die. By Candy Chang & Her Neighbors. New Orleans.









Inspiring indeed.

"With support from old and new friends, I turned the side of an abandoned house in my neighborhood into a giant chalkboard to invite my neighbors to remember and share what is important to them. Before I Die transforms neglected spaces into constructive ones where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us. It’s about improving both our physical spaces and our individual well-being (...) If you’re in New Orleans, stop by 900 Marigny St. to add your thoughts. I believe the design of our public spaces can better reflect what’s important to us as residents and as human beings." - Candy Chang: Public installation artist, designer, urban planner, and co-founder of Civic Center.
candychang.com

No comments: