5.08.2011

St-Henri, the 26th of August. Film. Montreal.



A Parabola Films production. Directed by Shannon Walsh in collaboration with 16 other montreal-based doc filmmakers. Shot over 24-hours, the film shows a day-in-the-life of a famous neighbourhood in Montreal. St-Henri pays homage to the 1962 Hubert Aquin classic À Saint-Henri le cinq septembre.
I just saw the movie at Hot Docs (Toronto) and was blown away. I connected with the film on a personal level being that I'm so familiar with St.Henri-I knew a few 'characters' in the film and of course recognized most of the locations around the hood. While following the chosen St.Henri residents/characters in the film, there were many comical, moving, and also powerful moments. The film was beautifully shot and the soundtrack was incredible-composed by (my fave) Patrick Watson (Montreal)-each tune matched each scene perfectly. I cannot say enough about this one-please do seek it out.
st-henri.parabolafilms.ca

No comments: